In addition to ISO/TS certification, HellermannTyton holds additional certifications from the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS); the Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies, also known as VDE; and Lloyd’s Registry. Additionally, many of our products have been approved for use by the U.S. military under the Mil-Spec classification.
As you browse our products you will notice that many are tested, recognized, certified and/or listed by independent organizations and industry associations including UL, the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and Conformité Européenne (CE). Our network connectivity products meet or exceed standards established by the Electronics Industries Alliance (EIA) and the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA). At HellermannTyton, quality, performance and efficiency are of the utmost importance.
About ISO/TS 16949
ISO/TS 16949 was jointly developed by members of the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and submitted to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for approval and publication. The document is a common automotive quality system requirements catalog based on ISO 9001, AVSQ (Italian), EAQF (French), QS-9000 (U.S.) and VDA6.1 (German) automotive catalogs. This document, coupled with customer-specific requirements, defines quality system requirements for use in the automotive supply chain.
The IATF has developed a common registration scheme for supplier third-party registration to the ISO/TS 16949. The registration scheme includes third party auditor qualifications and common rules for consistent global registration. Some of the benefits of the IATF registration scheme include:
- Improved product and process quality
- Additional confidence for global sourcing
- Reassignment of supplier resources to quality improvement
- Common quality system approach in the supply chain for supplier/subcontractor development and consistency
- Reduction in multiple 3rd party registrations
About ISO 9001
ISO 9001 specifies quality system requirements to be used where an organization requires the ability to consistently provide conforming products, either material or services, to meet customer expectations. The requirements are aimed at achieving customer satisfaction by preventing nonconformance.
The ISO 9001 standard provides a model on which an organization may build an effective quality management system, resulting in significant benefits for both customers and organizations, including:
- Increased efficiency of operations
- Cost savings from reduced rejected product and fewer warranty claims
- Continual improvement of the quality of products and services
- Increased traceability and accountability throughout the organization
- Enhanced ability to examine how employees work and interact between functions
- Enhanced communication among employees
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Fewer customer audits and surveys
- Improved competitive positioning within industries served
- Improved return on assets